UTzone.de -->> [UT99 | UT2004 | UT3 | UT4 ] Feel the Emotions - WOESentinel-Systemic Pickup
Home | Forum | Downloads | Videos | Artikel | Server-Stats | Impressum

Zurück   UTzone.de > Downloads > Unreal Tournament 2004 > Mutators

Zielbetrag
Zielbetrag für diesen Monat: 50 EUR, erhalten: 10 EUR (20%)
Jetzt spenden

» Navigation
» News
» PartnerLinks

Navigation
Hauptseite | Kategorie-Ansicht | Suche
Dateiname: WOESentinel-Systemic Pickup Download

Don't link directly to this file!
Link to this page!
Dateigrösse: 2,40 MB
Autor: unbekannt
Hochgeladen von: Donzi
Hinzugefügt am: 12.01.2010
Downloads: 885
Bewertung: 0
Map - Pics
Keine
Beschreibung

*About WOESentinel-Systemic Pickup UT2K4*
=
This package contains 3 mutators which are based on two excellent mutators
originally written for UT2003, 'Systemic' and 'Weapons of Evil: Sentinel'.
The websites for these 2 mutators are below:

Weapons Of Evil: http://www.cheese83.freeserve.co.uk/
Systemic: http://www.planetunreal.com/systemic/

Systemic added player controlled mechs or 'Cygen' to the game through randomly
placed items in the level players used. Unfortunately it was never ported to
UT2K4.
WOE: Sentinel allows players to place sentinel drones in the level through
overriding the default pickups in the game.

In a nutshell, I decided to try and get Systemic to work with UT2K4, which I mainly did
for my purposes. I enjoyed playing team games like Onslaught and VCTF with the Cygen mechs and
WOE sentinels together so much that I decided to write 3 mutators to support gameplay
with these two very cool mutators.

The first is 'Systemic Pickup UT2K4 ' which allows Cygen mechs to be usable in UT2K4
via pickups, it is basically ported version of Systemic for UT2K4 (see Known Issues below).

It *requires* the second mutator 'WOESentinel-Systemic Multipickup' which adds
Cygen mech and/or WOE Sentinel pickups to the game if it detects that the
'Systemic Pickup UT2K4' and/or the 'Weapons Of Evil: Sentinel' mutators are loaded.

The third is 'WOESentinel-Systemic Avril' which allows the Avril to also target
Cygen mechs and player placed WOE Sentinels if they are loaded.
(See 'Usage' section below for more information)

There are a few known problems with 'Systemic Pickup UT2K4', please see the "Known Issues and
Bugs" section. An important one is if you disconnect from a network game whilst playing as a
cygen mech, if you reconnect without restarting UT2K4 you will crash the game. Either restart
UT2K4 and reconnect or make sure you are not in a cygen when you disconnect.

*ChangeLog (Current Version: 1.2)*
==

1.3 Changes:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
i. Added scaled WOESentinel-Systemic Avril damage for the Cygen Mechs and WOE Sentinels
similar to vehicles. Mechs take 4 avril hits, non-upgraded sentinels will take 2.
This is configurable in SentinelAvril.ini
ii. Added a configurable variable in SentinelAvril.ini for extra starting ammo for the
WOESentinel-Systemic Avril players can receive at the start of matches.
iii. Cygen Players will now get 'Missile Lock-On!' warnings like when in vehicles, if the
'WOESentinel-Systemic Avril' mutator is enabled.

1.2 Changes:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fixed a bug in the bot code where bot controlled Cygen flag carriers would not rescue their fallen
flags properly.
Bots sometimes act a little wierd when they cross a Cygen Mech pickup as it is being
destroyed for another pickup item. I added some experimental code to hopefully alleviate this.
Nothing major, and it should only be noticeable on 1v1 bot CTF matches if at all.

1.1 Changes:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Version 1.1 is a duff release version with the wrong files included ;P

*Installation*
==
i. First install MrEvil's 'Weapons of Evil: Sentinel' mutator (optional).
You can grab that from here:
http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...&id=4173&dl=dd
or here:
http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...wnload&id=4173
or here:
http://www.mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co....nloads/WoE.zip

ii. Extract the other files from the archive directories and into UT2004's
corresponding directories.

iii. If you intend to run a server you'll need to add these lines to the
[Engine.GameEngine] section in UT2004.ini in the UT2004\System directory:
ServerPackages=SentinelAvril
ServerPackages=SentinelMultiPickup
ServerPackages=SystemicPickup2K4

if you installed the WOE: Sentinel mutator add these lines too:
ServerPackages=WoE_Effects
ServerPackages=WoE_Weapons
ServerPackages=WoE_Sentinel

(Note: if you intend to use other WOE weapons (from 'Weapons of Evil: Inventory')
besides the Sentinel on the server, ServerPackages=WoE_Inventory must be added too. )

iv. Start UT2004 and go to the Mutators menu, now add the
'Weapons of Evil: Sentinel'(optional), 'Systemic Pickup UT2K4',
'WOESentinel-Systemic Avril'(optional) and 'WOESentinel-Systemic MultiPickup' mutators.

v. Click on the 'Configure Mutators' button and go to 'Weapons of Evil: Sentinel' if you
installed it and make sure that nothing is checked underneath the 'Large crates replace:'
section. This is important since it will override the
'WOESentinel-Systemic MultiPickup' pickup bases required to spawn Cygen mech
pickups.

*Usage*
===

'WOESentinel-Systemic MultiPickup'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This mutator replaces all the Shield, SuperShield, MegaHealth and UDamage pickup bases
with a Multipickup base which every 30 seconds randomly spawns the above. It will
also spawn Cygen mech pickups and WOE: Sentinel large ammo crates as well, if it
detects that 'Systemic Pickup UT2K4' and/or the 'Weapons Of Evil: Sentinel' are enabled.

In the Mutator's configuration panel, 'Spawn Mostly Sentinel And Mech Pickups' will cause
the pickup bases to only spawn that pickup base's default powerup as well as sentinel and
cygen mech pickups. If unchecked, the pickup bases will also spawn all the other powerups
too.

This mutator may also be used by itself, as well as with WOE Sentinels and Cygens
seperately if their mutators are detected, and of course with both together.

Note: The 'Systemic Pickup UT2K4' mutator *requires* this mutator for spawning Cygen
pickups.

'WOESentinel-Systemic Avril'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This mutator will allow the avril to also target onto player controlled Cygen mechs and
player placed WOE Sentinels.

In the Mutator's configuration panel, 'Players Start With WOESentinel-Systemic Avril' will
cause all players to have this weapon as their default weapon, which may help level the
playing field a litte against mechs and sentinels in maps without the Avril.

Note: This mutator will not overwrite Epic's Onslaught Weapons mutator, so you'll probably
end up with two types of avril in the game if you use this mutator as well.

It is designed to be used with either the WOE sentinels or cygens seperately, and of
course with both together.

The damage is scaled up for cygen mechs and sentinels much like for vehicles, except these values
can be edited in SentinelAvril.ini which is in the System directory. The default values
are 2.05 for Cygens and 4.1 for aentinels, which means it takes 4 straight-on avril hits to
destroy a cygen and 2 to destroy a aentinel (non-upgraded). The variables are called
'CygenDamageMultiplier' and 'SentinelDamageMultiplier' respectively.

Setting these multiplier values to 1.0 for instance will make Sentinels and/or Cygens to take
regular player damage from the avril (125 damage), setting them to 1.6 will scale the avril
damage to be like for what vehicles reiceve (200 damage).

There is also a configurable variable called 'ExtraStartingAmmo' in SentinelAvril.ini which
will add an extra amount of ammo to the Avrils players start out with when
'Players Start With WOESentinel-Systemic Avril' is checked, above the default of 5 missiles.
Since the Avril only can take 25 missiles, valid values are 0-15.

'Systemic Pickup UT2K4'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is merely a UT2K4 version of the Systemic mutator for UT2003, except instead of
spawning random cygen items around the level, cygen pickups are spawned at the
pickup bases through the 'WOESentinel-Systemic MultiPickup' mutator.
When players use a Cygen pickup they will become a large and powerful cybernetic
mechwarrior which will have either dual chainguns or dual rockets.
This mutator has a few gameplay options based off of the original UT2003 Systemic which
can be accessed though the 'Configure Mutators' button:

i. 'Objective Carrier Can Use Cygen', if set to true, a flag carrier for
instance could use a Cygen powerup pickup.

ii. 'Hit USE To Activate Items', if set to true, players must hit the [USE]
button in order to activate the Cygen pickup. If set to false, the Cygen pickup
will behave like any other powerup pickup.

iii. 'Allow Cygen Translocator', if true Cygens can use the translocator.

iv. 'Allow Cygen Radar', if true the Cygen's HUD will have a radar of nearby players
and vehicles.

v. 'Allow Cygen Eject', if true the Cygen player will exit the Cygen after hitting
the [USE] key. If false, the player must remain in the Cygen until destroyed.

*NOTE: One caveat is that Cygens will not be able to pick up objectives, so players must
eject in order to pick up the objective. Yet a player with a carried objective can enter
a Cygen and carry it from there, but will need to eject in order to score in CTF/VCTF.

For more information about Systemic UT2K3 see the website link at the top of this readme.

'Weapons of Evil: Sentinel'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For 'Weapons of Evil: Sentinel' configuration, go to the 'Configure Mutators' menu. See
the readme file in the WOE.zip for more information.

*NOTE: Make sure that the 'Large crate replaces:' section remains unchecked if you want
to use Cygens, since this will make sure that there is no overwrite of the MultiPickups
from 'WOESentinel-Systemic MultiPickup', which spawns Cygen pickups as well as
WOE: Sentinel large crates.

*Known Issues and Bugs*
===
The regular gameplay of Systemic UT2K3 (randomly spawning pickup bases etc..) I wanted to
add as an option, but I was unable to get it to work for clients in the game.

A minor bug is when in a network game if you disconnect whilst in a Cygen mech then reconnect
without shutting down UT2K4, it will crash. Either restart UT2K4 and reconnect or make sure
you are not in a mech when you disconnect if you want to join back in without restarting UT2K4.

You can email me for the source code if you want to fix this and the other bugs you find at
gkrantz(at)gmail.com. I may go back and fix these issues if I find the time, but Im not planning to.

*Credits*
=

MrEvil for his very cool 'Sentinel: Weapons of Evil' mutator.
The Systemic team (Section8, Anim8, Sexy and Crash) for their very cool too Systemic mech
mutator, based on Q2 Devastation. Section8 particularly for allowing me to release this.
Wormbo for his excellent Multipick mutator code.
I mostly just tweaked the UT2K3 Systemic code to run on UT2K4 as best as I could, as well as tweak
the bots to use the Cygens and custom Avril a little better.

Have fun.

-G

DownloadsII 5.1.1von CyberRanger & Jelle
basierend auf ecDownloads 4.1 © Ronin
Deutsche Übersetzung von captainslater
» Downloads
Neueste Downloads
Beliebtesten Downloads