UTzone.de -->> [UT99 | UT2004 | UT3 | UT4 ] Feel the Emotions - WAR-Beachfront1.3
Home | Forum | Downloads | Videos | Artikel | Server-Stats | Impressum

Zurück   UTzone.de > Downloads > Unreal Tournament 3 > Warfare

Zielbetrag
Zielbetrag für diesen Monat: 50 EUR, erhalten: 10 EUR (20%)
Jetzt spenden

» Navigation
» News
» PartnerLinks

Navigation
Hauptseite | Kategorie-Ansicht | Suche
Dateiname: WAR-Beachfront1.3 Download

Don't link directly to this file!
Link to this page!
Dateigrösse: 36,95 MB
Autor: Nathaniel Rossol
Hochgeladen von: Donzi
Hinzugefügt am: 14.01.2010
Downloads: 1522
Bewertung: 0
Map - Pics
WAR-Beachfront1.3 WAR-Beachfront1.3 WAR-Beachfront1.3
Beschreibung
Title: WAR-BeachFront

Filename: WARBeachFront1.3.zip

Author: Nathaniel Rossol (_N_)

Release Date: June 30, 2008

Version: 1.3

Credits:
JMatt : Beta testing
TallMatt: Beta testing and brutal criticism

Author's Notes

For this map, I decided to try to break away from the norm and attempt to expose players to a new kind of Warfare which I hope they will find interesting and enjoyable.

Gameplay: The map features a “no-man’s land” that divides it through centre and is overlooked by bunker complexes on either side. As a twist on the usual style of Warfare maps, the power cores are somewhat openly exposed (unless shielded by the nearby paladin) therefore making it vital that the front lines are held. Whilst keeping the centre area suppressed, teams can either push through the interior jungle which is close-quarters and too dense for vehicles, or try to push along the more open beach area. While pushing straight down the middle grasslands and through “no-man’s land” might seem like suicide, if a team manages to pull off the incredible feat of successfully capturing and holding the centre node for 25 seconds, that team will be rewarded with a Leviathan.

The team with the best balance of defence, offense and strategy should quickly prevail. The map is also designed to accommodate a large number of players.

Visual: Far from the barren wastelands and foggy hills that make up many Warefare maps, I wanted to expose players to a bright, clear, tropical style Warfare map for a change. My visual style I selected for this map is all about contrasts. Bright hot sands are contrasted against dark rocky cliffs and cool blue water. I also kept colours somewhat saturated to give the impression that a rain storm had just passed. Also the map has several distinct areas. From dense jungles in the interior to wide open beaches along the coast to hilly grass-lands in between, there’s many areas to explore (and plenty of power-ups and secret weapons/vehicles hidden for those who look).

Finally, I also decided to try something new with the core explosion. Rather than have the core go out in a single final cutscene, I instead scripted an number of objects so that as the core becomes damaged conduits burst into flames, sparks shoot out of circuitry, control panels light up with warnings, alarms sound. I found all of this really helped with immersion (and also creates a sense of somewhat urgency when the core is nearly gone).

Overall, I hope players enjoy my unique style and perspective on this warfare map.

Installation

WARBeachFront.zip

Move all files into
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
or
C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

If the directory does not exist, create it manually.

Select the level in a multiplayer/instant action game like any other.

Copyright / Permissions

This level is copyright 2008, by Nathaniel Rossol

Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit permission
from the original author.

ANY bug fixes, fixes, changes, and tweaks may only be implemented by the author. No other person or party is allowed to release a modified version of this map without the author's permission.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this map or any of its embedded content without the author's permission.

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS, Magazine coverdisk etc.), provided you include this file.

All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

DownloadsII 5.1.1von CyberRanger & Jelle
basierend auf ecDownloads 4.1 © Ronin
Deutsche Übersetzung von captainslater
» Downloads
Neueste Downloads
Beliebtesten Downloads