UTzone.de -->> [UT99 | UT2004 | UT3 | UT4 ] Feel the Emotions - AS-TheCanyon-R7
Home | Forum | Downloads | Videos | Artikel | Server-Stats | Impressum

Zurück   UTzone.de > Downloads > Unreal Tournament 2004 > Beta

Zielbetrag
Zielbetrag für diesen Monat: 50 EUR, erhalten: 10 EUR (20%)
Jetzt spenden

» Navigation
» News
» PartnerLinks

Navigation
Hauptseite | Kategorie-Ansicht | Suche
Dateiname: AS-TheCanyon-R7 Download

Don't link directly to this file!
Link to this page!
Dateigrösse: unbekannte Größe
Autor: Azarael
Hochgeladen von: Schotti
Hinzugefügt am: 24.04.2010
Downloads: 607
Bewertung: 0
Map - Pics
AS-TheCanyon-R7 AS-TheCanyon-R7 AS-TheCanyon-R7
Beschreibung
AS-TheCanyon-R7

Based on a UT99 map by Kruger and a 2k4 remake (which looked like a '99 map) by an unknown author.

Description / Background: After getting tired of seeing all the poor-quality ****e that is played in the Assault gametype, thanks in no small part to the influx of terrible race maps, I decided to put my average mapping skills to work and make an aesthetically improved version of the map AS-Grandcanyon2k4z, reasoning that if I made a standard assault map of my own, even if it was good, it would meet the same fate as HolocorpRedux-LE, Damnation, Protocore, SubRosa and all the other awesome standard maps - left unplayed and insulted by race players. So I figure I might as well redo a map that would at least get some plays, even if it had some obvious flaws.

Now that I've got that rant out of the way...

For those of you who don't know Grandcanyon2k4z, it's fairly obviously set in a canyon. For those of who you do know it, certain sections were changed in this version because I didn't like how they played in the original. The map tries to stay as close as was possible to the original.

This is a beta, so there is no ending sequence and I make no guarantees that the first and last objectives will play anywhere approaching well, since they were changed significantly since my last 20-player test. Bot pathing is incomplete, because the map was never intended to be played offline. The map paths past the first objective and up to (I believe) the cave before it breaks again. There may well be terrain holes - I used an incredibly hackish method to block the worst areas, but I have no idea how to truly fix the problem.

The weapon balance has changed - I believe there is only one minigun in the entire map.

Credits:
Kruger for the original map, AS-Grandcanyon.unr
An unknown author for the remake, AS-Grandcanyon2k4z.ut2
Hourences for the HourIndusX package.
Docedo from the RoAR Assault team for the timelimit override, also from Grandcanyon2k4z.
Hazel.H for the skybox.
Angel Mapper for the Energy Core fix.
(RTO) and I guess [LDG] for testing / hosting.

The map is hosted on the (RTO) standard Assault server Eggs 'N' Funk (at) ut2004://85.234.148.50:7777

Kommentare im Forum

DownloadsII 5.1.1von CyberRanger & Jelle
basierend auf ecDownloads 4.1 © Ronin
Deutsche Übersetzung von captainslater
» Downloads
Neueste Downloads
Beliebtesten Downloads