UTzone.de -->> [UT99 | UT2004 | UT3 | UT4 ] Feel the Emotions - CTF-Citius
Home | Forum | Downloads | Videos | Artikel | Server-Stats | Impressum

Zurück   UTzone.de > Downloads > Unreal Tournament 3 > Capture the Flag

Zielbetrag
Zielbetrag für diesen Monat: 50 EUR, erhalten: 2 EUR (4%)
Jetzt spenden

» Navigation
» News
» PartnerLinks

Navigation
Hauptseite | Kategorie-Ansicht | Suche
Dateiname: CTF-Citius Download

Don't link directly to this file!
Link to this page!
Dateigrösse: 72,72 MB
Autor: Steve Loiselle (Stevelois)
Hochgeladen von: Tux Android
Hinzugefügt am: 12.12.2011
Downloads: 1365
Bewertung: 0
Map - Pics
CTF-Citius CTF-Citius CTF-Citius CTF-Citius CTF-Citius CTF-Citius CTF-Citius
Beschreibung
-------------------------
Map

Map name: CTF-Citius
Map game type: CTF / Greed
Version: 1.0
Date: 01 / 12 / 2011
Players: 12 - 20
Requirements: UT3 + Patch 2.1 + Titan Pack

Author

Author name: Steve Loiselle (Stevelois)
Lauguage: French
Homepage: http://stevelois.wordpress.com

Story / Histoire

Citius is a water filtration plant located on an unknown planet high on rocks in the middle of the sea whose Liandri owns. The installation began experiencing some operational difficulties so it is now used for team competitions.

Citius est un plant de filtration d'eau situé sur une planète inconnue localisée sur le rock au beau milieu de la mer dont Liandri en est propriétaire. L'installation a commencé à éprouver quelque difficultés de fonctionnement, par conséquent, Liandri s'en sert maintenant pour le déroulement de compétitions d'équipes.

Install

Extract the archive into :

"My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

CTF-Citius.ini
CTF-Citius.txt
CTF-Citius.ut3
CTF-Citius_LOC_int.upk

Details

Time:

I started the dev of the map December 11th 2009. This map was supposed to be part of the "UOF Map Pack" (http://unrealoldfriends.activeboard.com/t35613251). Since I had a lot of work to do left, I've decided to release the map individually. Since 2009, I've spend countless hours worked on it. No need to say that I found it very difficult to mesh my levels out since I like them very detailed but not cluttered so flow and gameplay remains great

Optimizations:

The map is HUGE!!! Since the layout is wide open in most places, I had to set the culling value on each individual mesh instead of relying on CullDistanceVolume. There is 13 996 static meshes & the map total poly's is 6 millions. Consider that it's twice more poly's than any stock maps (the heaviest resources one as 3 millions poly's), I had to optimize the map like a maniac to make it playable for older pc's. I spend an enormous amount of time only on that. You won't notice any culling while playing BUT if you fly the map in spec mode or with the redeemer, indeed you will see meshes disappears (cull).

Gameplay tips:

The waterfall represent the middle of the map. From that point you have the choice of using the 4 ways of getting into the enemy base:

- Lazy way, it is the one to the right, staying at the ground level it's the most direct one to the enemy flag With the translocator, you get to the opposite base fast. This path provide 3 ammo + the rocket launcher weapon + the KEG (if you can get that far ).

- Sneaky way, instead of going straight to the flag base, turn right & take the underground rocky path. It's the ground level secondary path. This path provide the belt + 50 health + 1 vials + 2 ammo + the stinger to kill the Sniper & Link gun players.

- Support way, instead of taking the straight or underground rocky path, translocate to the highest level. This path provide the Shock weapon + 25 health + some ammo & vials. Once you enter the enemy base, the platform above provide almost 1 ammo of each weapon + another 25 health. The underground rocky path & this path are made to assist your team mates when they attempt to take the enemy flag.

- Regular way, by translocate in the middle path, you can choose to go straight forward, or go higher to collect the Enforcer + access the Udamage cave (by using the team-colored smoke effect in front of the hydrolic machine) or use the Shock path. By using this path, you'll have access almost instantly to the enemy flag when entering the enemy main sector by using the safe long jump (beware of the sniper )

- Long way, By traveling around the building, you have access to the Redeemer + Udamage + 25 health + tights armor + vials & mostly 1 ammo of all weapons. This is the best path if your a bit low in health, need more ammo & want to use one of the powerup

The features:

- Many custom materials, like the sky, most of the floor tiles, tiles on the ceiling, the caution bars, the grey grid, the glass, the main rocks, the sea, the redish water caustic, the decals, etc
- Custom emitters for the water steam + others effects
- Custom music, the track is 'Mona Lisa overdrive' by Juno Reactor and Don Davis edited by me
- Enhanced many stock materials by adding more details maps
- Techy voices will announce some random messages telling the Citius facility as working problem
- In Greed, the skulls that falls into the sea will be teleported on the big platform in front of the waterfall since it's the neutral zone, representing the middle of the map

Special thx, credits

- Achernar, Bl!tz, Lord_PorkSword and Odedge for their excellent feedback. THX for all
- DarkSonny07 & HugoMarques for their constant support along the WIP dev
- Epic for the editor & assets

My PC specs

Cooler Master 750 GX (750 Watt)
Asus P5N-D (NF750i)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0 GHz/1333/6M)
4 GB OCZ Reaper (DDR2 800 Mhz CAS 3.4.4.15)
Saphire Radeon HD4870 1 GB with Catalyst 11.11
Western Digital Black 750 GB 64 MB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Final maps for UT3 (newer to older)

DOM-Itarion
DM-Itarion
Greed-Amissa Night Edition
DM-Amissa Night Edition
DM-Amissa
CTF-Citius
CTF-Fatima
DM-Aly Second Edition
DM-Aly Night Edition FPS
DM-Aly Night Edition
Greed-Nano
DM-Nano
DM-Station 12

Legal stuff

Unreal® Tournament 3 ©2007 Epic Games, Inc. Unreal is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

I have spent many months developing my maps, so please ask me permission before doing anything with my maps or using any of my custom stuff from my maps in your own works and WAIT for a yes/no. It is customary in the mapping community to give credit to the source of any custom resources that you use, so including me in the map's readme credits for any of my resources used is appreciated. My maps is for personal use only, you may not sell, lease or rent my maps.

DownloadsII 5.1.1von CyberRanger & Jelle
basierend auf ecDownloads 4.1 © Ronin
Deutsche Übersetzung von captainslater
» Downloads
Neueste Downloads
Beliebtesten Downloads