UTzone.de -->> [UT99 | UT2004 | UT3 | UT4 ] Feel the Emotions - ctf-chiaro
Home | Forum | Downloads | Videos | Artikel | Server-Stats | Impressum

Zurück   UTzone.de > Downloads > Unreal Tournament > Capture the Flag

Zielbetrag
Zielbetrag für diesen Monat: 50 EUR, erhalten: 10 EUR (20%)
Jetzt spenden

» Navigation
» News
» PartnerLinks

Navigation
Hauptseite | Kategorie-Ansicht | Suche
Dateiname: ctf-chiaro Download

Don't link directly to this file!
Link to this page!
Dateigrösse: 2,11 MB
Autor: unbekannt
Hochgeladen von: Ragnos
Hinzugefügt am: 10.01.2010
Downloads: 256
Bewertung: 0
Map - Pics
ctf-chiaro
Beschreibung
ReadMe for CTF-Chiaro
----------------------------------

CTF-Chiaro by Andy Monroe, also known as teh Chrysaor

If you're still playing UT, congratulations, you're stubborn too! If you reinstalled UT to play this map, that is quite a compliment, thank you.

This was formerly called CTF-Malicious, which itself started out as Jules Verne inspired map, with an antique looking industrial feel to the flag bases. Problem was that was all I could come up with for some time. So, I added that huge industrial middle part which consumed the character I was trying to create in the first map. So, this map, Chiaro, tries to get closer to that. I scrapped the middle 3/5's of the map, and made the gameplay much tighter, so it is now where I like it. If I were to fully embrace the Vernian theme, there would be a lot more detail in the way of over developed machinery with big port-holes, funky levers, and so forth. Instead I settled for round light fixtures.

If you want detail wait try my CTF-Atropos, or better yet wait for UT3, it blows my mind how far in the dust I am for level design these days. I used to think I was hot shit, right behind Hourences if I could just get one more great level out there... but I lost my passion for it amidst carpal tunnel problems and Real Life (tm).

So I end up coming back to UT1. There's an art to it which I really like, something simple about the level building process that I appreciate. I built a couple of incomplete maps for UT2003, and it was too much work, doing entirely new meshes skinning and all just for some new content. What you will hopefully find here is that good gameplay doesn't need obscene poly counts, and that lighting and form can still be elegantly demonstrated with crude old technology. In fact, lighting was what I had the most fun with in this level, hence the name, Italian for Light, it's pronounced key-ar-o.

A lot has changed in the UT world. I poke my head in every couple of years, it's sad how many people have left. I had a great comradery with my clanmates in 2001, and that seems like a long time ago now, but loading up UT and getting lost in it, well, that's a pretty familiar feeling, and I hope you get that kind of renaissance after a round in this map.

Cheers,

Andy
chrysaor39 _AT_ yahoo.com

(Hey, I copyright this map too!)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

==
Title :Atropos texture pack
Version :1.00
Release Date :07.07.05
Filename :atropos.utx
Author :Andy "Chrysaor" Monroe
Email Address :Chrysaor39 _AT_ yahoo.com
==

This is my texture pack. There should be 42, plus the information texture. Most of these are
my own making. Photosource was taken on my grandparents farm where I spent summer 04, and then was heavily
edited and blended. Due to the timeframe over which they were made, their style is not completely coherent,
such as the almost pure photosource rockwall and concrete paver stones compared to the deco textures,
which were all made very recently from scratch. As recently as the beta for the CTF of the
same name, this was not a stand alone texture pack, that is, I supplemented it with Skaarj or Richrig
or whatever, but with these last deco textures, I hope that users will be able to make an entire map
with this package alone. Not that I care if you use other packages, why the hell should I? But throwing
off the yoke of Richrig is something some other recent texture packages have not been able to do.

This readme is also to cover my ass on the textures I got off the internet, I can't rightly remember
which ones started as free stuff, but there are a few. If I've offended anyone, I apologize. Either way,
they're almost so edited you won't recognize them.

Anyway, I hope you like them, and please, include this readme and always ship the full texture pack
instead of putting them in mylevel. It helps me spread my work, and it's the least you could do.

Happy Gaming,
Andy 'Chrysaor' Monroe

==
Important Information::

These textures are copyright Andy Monroe 2005.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this texture package, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without my
explicit permission! This includes putting it on ftp.cdrom.com which has a tendancy to do so.

You MAY distribute this file through any electronic network (internet,
FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive
==

Unreal Tournament (c) 1999 and UNREAL (c)1998 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by GT Interactive Software, Inc. under
license. UNREAL and the UNREAL logo are registered trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties
of their respective owners.

DownloadsII 5.1.1von CyberRanger & Jelle
basierend auf ecDownloads 4.1 © Ronin
Deutsche Übersetzung von captainslater
» Downloads
Neueste Downloads
Beliebtesten Downloads