UTzone.de -->> [UT99 | UT2004 | UT3 | UT4 ] Feel the Emotions - AS-MZ-HighRise
Home | Forum | Downloads | Videos | Artikel | Server-Stats | Impressum

Zurück   UTzone.de > Downloads > Unreal Tournament 2004 > Assault
Registrieren Cup und Liga Hilfe Community Kalender Heutige Beiträge Suchen

Zielbetrag
Zielbetrag für diesen Monat: 50 EUR, erhalten: 2 EUR (4%)
Jetzt spenden

» Navigation
» News
» PartnerLinks

Navigation
Hauptseite | Kategorie-Ansicht | Suche
Dateiname: AS-MZ-HighRise Download

Don't link directly to this file!
Link to this page!
Dateigrösse: 10,08 MB
Autor: Mark 'MarZer' Gillard
Hochgeladen von: Donzi
Hinzugefügt am: 12.01.2010
Downloads: 1129
Bewertung: 0
Map - Pics
AS-MZ-HighRise
Beschreibung
AS-MZ-HIGHRISE By Mark 'MarZer' Gillard
---------------------------------------------

From the creator:
-----------------
Thankyou for downloading AS-MZ-HighRise. I do hope you enjoy playing it as much as I have enjoyed creating it!
I believe this map is my best work to date, as I can safely say without bias that it is one of the most fun assault
maps I have ever played. Having worked on this map for the last three months, there have been many nights where I'd
sit down, begin mapping at about 8pm only to find when I next looked at the clock it was 8am the next day! Yes,
building this one has been a learning experience!

Story:
------
Some time ago, the SkyReach corporation began construction on a massive skyscraper and communication
tower facility, but ran out of funding soon after the project began. The comms tower and maintainence
catwalks they did complete still stood tall. The Hellions, in need of a way to globally co-ordinate their
piracy and terrorism efforts, seized the unused comms tower, fortifying it for their protection and began
using it to broadcast attack plans.

Having realized that the problem was not small, the NEG dispatched a team of demolitions experts to disable
the comms tower. Because of the heavy fortifications an air attack was impossible so the demolition crew
was forced to manoeuvre a modified hellbender, loaded with explosives, around the network of maintainence
catwalks to destroy the power core of the comms tower.

Description:
------------
A big-ish assault map that features very tall buildings, a custom vehicle, random rain and a good deal of custom ass-kickery.
Suggested round time of 15 minutes.

Installation:
-------------
Point winzip to your UT2004 Directory, hit extract, and everything will *hopefully* go to its rightful place.

If you would like to use the Leveler somewhere other than in highrise, you can bring down the console and type:
- summon as-mz-highrise.onslvr
Alternatively, you could use the Car Launcher (not tested but should work).

HighRise Tips:
--------------
There are a number of things players should know about my map. Firstly, at the first objective there is a metal tower.
At the base of this tower sit some barrels. If you are a defender, shoot them. If you are an attacker, don't shoot them.
Also, attackers: TAKE OUT THE DAMN MINIGUN TURRETS OR YOU ARENT GOING ANYWHERE!

Secondly, when attacking the second objective the switch room can be hard to access, but you can have a teammate sit
outside in the leveler shooting skymines through the door to clear the crowded room.

At the third objective, it is not necessary to go through the main blast door. Once you spawn you can take the jump pad up
and outside use another jump pad to gain access to the bridge control room through the 'service' entrance. You can also
park the Leveler next to the raised wall and get out and jump on it, allowing you to simply jump up to the switch.

Fourth objective, same as first: TAKE OUT THE MINIGUN TURRETS!!!!!
Defenders: Use spider mines. Lots of them.

Fifth Objective: To destroy the link turrets quickly and easily, have 2 or more team mates attack the one turret. Because link turrets have
weak spots in the sides and back, while the turret is targeting a teammate, pummel it's side with the link gun to toast it!

At the seventh objective: Defenders: Use spider mines. Lots of them. Also, the raptor can be valuable in knocking the leveler
around. Attackers: have a skilled player manning the skymines to take out the spider mines in the road.

Final objective: Attackers: See above.
Defenders: Spidermines. Use the raptor. Take the teleporter behind the power core up to the top of the tower and use the
ion painter or one of the two scorpions up there. Also, a rather cheap (but VERY effective tatic) that can be employed by the
defense here is to get in the raptor and ram the leveler. This works well as you can knock the bastard off of the platforms!

HighRise Statistics:
--------------------
- 388 Pathnodes
- 108 RoadPathnodes
- 82 FlyingPathNodes
- 225 PlayerStarts
- 14 PlayerStartManagers
- 69 JumpSpots
- 34 NavigationPoints
- 19 Jumppads
- 2 Teleporters
- 75 UnrealScriptedSequences
- 27 WeaponLockers
- 14 MinigunTurrets
- 3 LinkTurrets
- 9 ShieldChargers
- 2 LiftExits
- 1 LiftCenter
- 16 BlockedPaths
- 3 ProximityObjectives
- 4 HoldObjectives
- 3 DestroyVehicleObjectives
- 10 ASVehicleFactories
- 9 Triggers
- 18 ScriptedTriggers
- 1 Trigger_ASTurretControlPanel
- 2 InfoPods
- 188 Brushes
- 25 Volumes
- 137 BlockingVolumes
- 4 LeavingBattleFieldVolumes
- 1642 StaticMeshes
- 48 Movers
- 55 DECO_ExplodingBarrels
- 18 AntiPortals
- 9 ZonePortals
- 449 Lights
- 2 Sunlights
- 3 Projectors
- 39 Emitters
- 9 ASCinematic_Cameras
- 0.5 Hours spent compiling this list
- 3 Months spent constructing HighRise
- 32495839583964 x10^242 Hours spent up mapping when I should have been sleeping
- 1 Partridge in a pear tree

and last but DEFINITELY not least:
- 1 Grumpy Girlfriend

Thanks to:
----------
My wonderful girlfriend Amie - for putting up with me neglecting her to go and map
Jamie1224 - without your help this map wouldn't have turned out half of what it is!
AnubanUT2 - Your nitpicking of the bots and other issues helped shape the flow of the map
Godsbane - Helping me with my initial setting up of the Leveler
Mr Slate - For helping with Dweather and the Leveler
Recondite - For getting DWeather to work online!
Dario D - For letting me pinch his neat skybox
Meroin - GG Beta testing
punkrockaxel - Beta testing
=UM=TheMaster - Beta testing
nathjan - Beta testing
DeathByTaco - Beta testing
PointlesS - Beta testing
The DX guys - Beta testing
Teh [SCB]!!!! - Beta testing (and for being the best clan ever, of course )
Epic - for creating such an awesome game and an equally awesome content creation tool in Unreal Editor 3.0!
WickedPenguin - Teh Map Music!
And anybody else I might have missed, Thankyou!

Any comments, suggestions, cookies, flowers, chocolates, gold rings, *AHEM*GET ON WITH IT*,
PM me (MarZer on ataricommunity.com), email me (see addy at bottom) or hit my clan website
(also at bottom), register, and PM me there. Kthx!

Have fun!

- Mark 'MarZer' Gillard
marzer(at)marzerium.com
http://www.marzerium.com

Hail to teh coaster baby!

DownloadsII 5.1.1von CyberRanger & Jelle
basierend auf ecDownloads 4.1 © Ronin
Deutsche Übersetzung von captainslater
» Downloads
Neueste Downloads
Beliebtesten Downloads