Home | Forum | Downloads | Videos | Artikel | Server-Stats | Impressum

Zurück   UTzone.de > Rund Um die UTzone.de > Feedback

Feedback Anregungen,Kritik, Ihr habt Fragen zur UTzone? Na dann hier rein mit!

Antwort

Teilen Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen
Alt 14.03.2011, 04:41   #41
Sly.
UT-Freak

Benutzerbild von Sly.

Beigetretene Cups: 0
Cup Siege: 0
Downloads: 62
Uploads: 7
Standard

Gesagt, getan.
Ich war so frei und habe versucht die anderen Spieler beim Epic Games Forum zu informieren.
Sly. ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 14.03.2011, 07:02   #42
Wormbo
Digitaliban

Benutzerbild von Wormbo

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 48
Standard

Bei aller angebrachter Wut und Entrüstung, aber so ein Post hat hier nichts verloren.
Diese Freiheit ist in Gefahr. Aber nicht durch die feigen Attentäter von Paris. Nicht durch die Attentäter vom 11. September, von Madrid oder London. Solche Taten fordern den Rechtsstaat heraus. In ernste Gefahr gerät die freie Gesellschaft nur durch die Angst der Menschen, die in ihr leben. Und durch Politiker, die sich dieser Ängste bedienen.
Wormbo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 14.03.2011, 08:50   #43
King.UTzone
Staatlich geprüfter .gif beauftragter für Komödiantische Unterhaltung

Benutzerbild von King

Beigetretene Cups: 6
Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Standard

dann verbreiten wa die kunde ma

http://www.unrealnorth.com/forum.php...topic&id=73345
Alt 14.03.2011, 10:04   #44
nothingtohide
Einmalposter

Downloads: 2
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Wormbo Beitrag anzeigen
Bei aller angebrachter Wut und Entrüstung, aber so ein Post hat hier nichts verloren.

nö keine wut nur die wahrheid ja das mit dem namen wahr blöd aber trotzdem finde ich unglaublich das man sachen macht für ein spiel wobei anderen nichts davon wissen. Das ist wie wikileaks
nothingtohide ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 14.03.2011, 13:27   #45
DavVador
Grünschnabel

Downloads: 1
Standard

Seems i need to clarify a few things as i read more and more false things everywhere.

First about the "illegal part" :
When you join a server running this anticheat you had a motd giving a link to rules and telling if you dont agree with it you should leave. Then you had about 15s to leave ut and check them if you want. Isnt it enough for pressing escape and quit ? I guess most people playing an FPS can do that within 15s.
Now the server displays ingame directly the rules and still gives you more than 15s to quit before starting.
Rules are those ones, on my servers at least :
Zitat:
By joining any of our private or public servers you implicitly accept and allow any of our mutators to run,
being any kind of modification of the game, including any anticheat system which needs to scan your computer
or take some screenshots and may log your IP, GUID, names, game informations and any suspicious files or activity.
So by joining the servers and staying there you definitely allow us to scan your computer and i dont see what's illegal if you agree with this.
If you wanna talk about illegal scans, then i highly invite you to complain about any server running antitcc without agreement text, because it will also scan your private datas located in UT or the prefetch folder.

2nt point, it isnt related to CB at all, that's why it doesnt appear in any rules, but CB validated this anticheat system, so bans can be submitted with logs made by the system.

3rd point, your private data wont run away in the nature...
Only suspicious files maybe loged and they wont be sent automatically to any Admin neither to CB. It just creates a log on the server running it, like antitcc does.
It doesnt read your files (no i'm not interested in what you do in your life, neither interested into getting your bank number or anything), it doesnt send them to some odd mysterious place, it just logs the name of suspicious things it finds.

4th no ban will be issued automatically.
It wont ban you because you have a file call mycheat.exe or any cheat name inside.
As i said before, it will only log those files as suspicious, then admins of the server will decide what to do about this concerning a local ban and then if submited to CB, CB ACT may decide about a CB ban aswell or not.
About Donzi, the logs havent been send automatically to any CB admin it was my own fault, i'm sorry about that and i've been discussing it with him. But again i read false informations, Donzi isnt banned from CB atm and i'm not sure this will happen. So stop spreading lies.

5th The security issue about the remote command is now fully removed, even if it shouldnt have been possible to use it by anyone else.

6th I dont see the relation between this anticheat system and a rootkit... if you wanna show me ?
Or maybe every recent anticheat like ESL wire or Universal AntiCheat are rootkit aswell as they scan a few things outside your game directory ?
Stop being stupid or blind !
Cheats using .u files to put in the system directory are no more used since years.
Now cheats are .exe or .dll you can launch from anywhere on your computer.
So if you dont accept to be scanned (and i repeat it doesnt do it without warning you) and wanna keep playing with a lot of cheaters, its ok for me, do what you want, but on my servers, as a server admin, i try to limit the number of them as much as possible in order everyone can play a fair game.

If you have more questions and i'm sure you have, i may answer a few of them as far as it doesnt concern too much the way it works as it would be helping cheaters too much.

This was a copy/paste from CB/UN/Epic forums.

About Donzi's case, i'm sorry about it and i've been talking to him after this, i hope he understood my pov even if i admit my mistake as i didnt know him at all, i've been too suspicious for maybe nothing and asked someone else pov.
But i also understand Ruination, there cant be special rules for any server admins just because they wanna add files to their blacklists.
Rules have to be the same for everyone and Donzi shouldnt have kept this files on his computer for that long.
DavVador ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 14.03.2011, 15:41   #46
Razorkill.UTzone
Chefanzünder

Benutzerbild von Razorkill

Beigetretene Cups: 4
Downloads: 42
Uploads: 2
Standard

So lets have a look,if Ruination is clean....

Nature One 2017 We call it Home

Es sind die schmutzigen Jungs,die Herzen brechen....Mit freundlichen Grüßen,DAS HANDWERK
Razorkill ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 14.03.2011, 16:02   #47
Sly.
UT-Freak

Benutzerbild von Sly.

Standard

Fine, there is a message of the day that's being displayed when you enter the server. But the fact that it scans your HDD makes it still illegal and I believe this is illegal in most countries.
Alt 14.03.2011, 16:21   #48
DavVador
Grünschnabel

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Sly. Beitrag anzeigen
Fine, there is a message of the day that's being displayed when you enter the server. But the fact that it scans your HDD makes it still illegal and I believe this is illegal in most countries.
Im not really good with laws, but if i follow you, then any antivirus would be illegal aswell ?
Or i missed something ?
Any working anticheat does scan your hdd aswell (even partly at least).
Alt 14.03.2011, 16:26   #49
Sly.
UT-Freak

Benutzerbild von Sly.

Standard

There is a difference between an antvirus software and this mutator. You let the antivirus software do its job, you install it on your PC and you start it (or set it to automatically scan each blah blah days or months). However, this mutator was not installed by you, you don't allow it to scan your PC but it just does it. It behaves like an intruder.

I understand the problem with cheaters in UT2004 and I like it if people do something to keep their servers clean but this has been taken a bit too seriously. It's just a game.
Alt 14.03.2011, 17:01   #50
DavVador
Grünschnabel

Standard

You let the anticheat do its job (by reading the rules displayed on the server, telling you may be scanned, and staying there on your own choice), you install it on your PC by receiving it from the server as any other mutator (it displays a message while downloading) and you are free to not join servers with mutators you dont know/thrust if you feel paranoiac.
So i dont see where is the problem.

edit:
I still cant post on epic's forum as i just registered and am not validated atm.
But you put some wrong infos again on your last comment.
The anticheat clearly puts the rules in the chatbox + gives the link for rules, but they are displayed ingame aswell.

Geändert von DavVador (14.03.2011 um 17:03 Uhr)
Antwort