Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Standard Neuer Download: DM-Friendlyfire-2

DM-Friendlyfire-2

Beschreibung:
+/- Klappen
Zitat:
Hallo hier habe ich was für euch.
Was zum spielen Spaß Geschwindigkeit Reaktion.
Die Map ist in 5 Räumen die miteinander verbunden sind, durch Teleporter die in Zufall Prinzip funktionieren durch Aufnahme einer Waffe.
Man kann die Map mit 10-20 oder mehr Spielern spielen.
ForenBot ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 15.04.2015, 00:41   #2
Jefe
Grünschnabel

Beigetretene Cups: 0
Cup Siege: 0
Downloads: 72
Uploads: 17
Standard

Romu, you don't need to include UCLs for maps. They are automatically generated by UT2004 when it checks the map the first time.

Some critiques:

There are 100 adren pills and 100 vials on the map; this is bad for network performance on servers and can lead to lag, especially in invasion. Try to keep the pickup number more reasonable, and if you want a lot of adren or hp, use or make some custom pickups that are worth more.

The layout itself is kind of interesting, a cross or "d-pad" with 5 pits containing weapons and ramps. This sort of layout is difficult to optimize since it's mostly one large area, but some antiportals between each of the pits would have helped.

The yellow and gray wall texture is actually the flak shell "smiley" texture. While I do applaud creative use of textures and meshes, the texture is only 128x128 and does not look good stretched out to cover an entire wall. A simple neutral base texture, like from the HumanoidArchitecture package would have looked better and served to accent the colored lighting in the map.

There are a bunch of small brown meshes, some are used as light sources, others emit gas, and still others seem to do nothing at all. These are actually bullet meshes. Collision should have been turned off on these, so that players will not snag on them. I think the mesh worked fine for any one of those things, but only one.
Jefe ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 15.04.2015, 15:26   #3
(RM) Romu
Grünschnabel

Benutzerbild von (RM) Romu

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 9
Standard

Danke für dein Tipp. Ich habe die map bei Eisbär gebaut und hatte keine eigenen Texturen dafür somit habe ich die normalen verwendet. Allerdings hat er die DM-Friendlyfire-1 map bei sich. Ich finde aber das es optisch passt so wie es ist. Es muss ja nicht unbedingt im Netz gespielt werden, habe bewusst mehre Heilungs Fläschchen verwendet damit die Bods besser interagieren und nicht dumm in der Gegend stehen.
die Raume sind extra nicht miteinander verbunden dafür sind die Teleporter bei den Waffen die Teleportieren dich in zufälligen Raum in der Kompletten Karte. Es ist unwahrscheinlich das der Teleporter dich 2x in die selbe stehle Teleportirt.

@ Jefe Bau mal eine eigene Map anstatt immer alles ab zu kopieren und zu verbessern.
Das ist um einiges Schwerer bei der Auswahl an maps die es bereits gibt.

Times to copy building your own map rather than getting everything off and improve.
That's a lot heavyweight in the selection of maps that already exist.
(RM) Romu ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 15.04.2015, 15:43   #4
Eisbaer
UT2K4 Fan

Benutzerbild von Eisbaer

Downloads: 507
Uploads: 29
Standard

Hi Romu, diese Map haste bei mir gebaut?
Nicht das ich wüsste sie schonmal gesehen zu haben, könnte auch sein das du sie bei mir nur angefangen hast.
Dafür müsste ich sie mir erstmal saugen was ich verscheinlich morgen Abend machen werde.
Eisbaer ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 15.04.2015, 16:09   #5
(RM) Romu
Grünschnabel

Benutzerbild von (RM) Romu

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 9
Standard

doch doch das war die map wo ich ab und zu dran gebaut habe bei dir.
die heist bei dir einfach nur DM-Friendlyfire es ist nur ein Raum für Spieler menge 2-6 max. kannst auch mehre rein tuhen aber das wer zu brutal hehe.

Geändert von (RM) Romu (15.04.2015 um 16:11 Uhr)
(RM) Romu ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 16.04.2015, 15:59   #6
Eisbaer
UT2K4 Fan

Benutzerbild von Eisbaer

Downloads: 507
Uploads: 29
Standard

Ah, jetzt ja :.
Am PC kann man die Pic´s besser sehen als auf nem Handy, die Map kenne ich noch.
Allerdings weit am Anfang und mit KI Fehler, ich schau mir das gleich mal an und geb wieder bescheid.

Edit:
Ich kann keine Probleme der KI finden, zu den Bauzeiten gab´s noch vele Probleme die nun aber behoben wurden.
Daher wusste ich auch auf was zu achten ist, die KI springt, feuert aus der Ferne, bleibt nicht mehr an den Schregen hängen und benutzt die Teleporter.
Von meiner Seite aus ist alles an Problemen behoben und diese Map läuft gut.

I can not find any problems of AI to the construction times gab's still vele problems but they were now fixed.
So I knew it must be on what jumping AI that fires from a distance, no longer sticks to the Schregen and use the teleporter.
From my side, everything is fixed on problems and this map is going well.

Geändert von Eisbaer (16.04.2015 um 16:15 Uhr) Grund: Zusätzlichen Beitrag vermeiden
Eisbaer ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 16.04.2015, 20:00   #7
Jefe
Grünschnabel

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von (RM) Romu Beitrag anzeigen

@ Jefe Bau mal eine eigene Map anstatt immer alles ab zu kopieren und zu verbessern.
Das ist um einiges Schwerer bei der Auswahl an maps die es bereits gibt.

Times to copy building your own map rather than getting everything off and improve.
That's a lot heavyweight in the selection of maps that already exist.
As usual, google translate fails to make things completely comprehensible, but if you're referring to the map edits I've been uploading, I've made these over the last 5 or so years since I started an invasion server. In that time, I've made several original levels for Mario Kart Wii, worked on the RPG system and invasion monsters for my server, and fixed up a lot of maps.

There's not a lot of creative activity in UT2004 these days, that's why I've decided to release some of my map edits to the public, so more people can enjoy them. I happen to be good at fixing glitches and transforming maps so they look and play better, but I'm not good at finishing my own.

I do have a few original maps in various stages of completion, I can't say that any will be released soon, but I'll get to some of them eventually. Others are just going to remain half-finished ideas. But for the foreseeable future, I'll be releasing mostly map edits.

Geändert von Jefe (16.04.2015 um 20:10 Uhr)
Alt 16.04.2015, 20:15   #8
Wormbo
Digitaliban

Benutzerbild von Wormbo

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 48
Standard

I know exactly what you mean, Jefe. I never released any original maps either. The few maps I did ever release were all conversions or relatively simple remakes based on existing maps from other games.
Diese Freiheit ist in Gefahr. Aber nicht durch die feigen Attentäter von Paris. Nicht durch die Attentäter vom 11. September, von Madrid oder London. Solche Taten fordern den Rechtsstaat heraus. In ernste Gefahr gerät die freie Gesellschaft nur durch die Angst der Menschen, die in ihr leben. Und durch Politiker, die sich dieser Ängste bedienen.
Wormbo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 16.04.2015, 20:40   #9
Jefe
Grünschnabel

Standard

Thanks, Wormbo. It might be hard for some to understand that in some cases, I've probably put more work into a map edit than the original author. Did I understand Romu's comment correctly? It was about the map edits, and that I should be releasing original maps instead?

Geändert von Jefe (16.04.2015 um 20:43 Uhr)
Alt 16.04.2015, 20:57   #10
Wormbo
Digitaliban

Benutzerbild von Wormbo

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 48
Standard

Yes, that's essentially what Romu's comment was about. But I agree that editing maps to improve quality or fix issues can be just as much work as creating a new map from scratch.
Okay, it might take a little less creativity, or a different kind of creativity. But then again, it's all about fun and improving things. I put countless hours into conversions like JB-Aswan, JB-Suspense and CTF-TheDecks - and I liked the outcome. That's what counts.
My remake CTF-Space was all about blending together Q3A and UT2k4 styles in a fun and natural way. And while keeping the level simple, I wanted to achieve the maximum possible visual quality.

Romu: Manche Leute bauen Levels aus Spaß. Andere modifizieren sie aus Spaß. Wenn Jefe findet, dass Modifikationen mehr Spaß machen - warum nicht? Ich bin z.B. jemand, der Qualität bevorzugt. Wenn ich meine selbst gebauten Levels blöd finde, macht es eben keinen Spaß, sie zu bauen.
Diese Freiheit ist in Gefahr. Aber nicht durch die feigen Attentäter von Paris. Nicht durch die Attentäter vom 11. September, von Madrid oder London. Solche Taten fordern den Rechtsstaat heraus. In ernste Gefahr gerät die freie Gesellschaft nur durch die Angst der Menschen, die in ihr leben. Und durch Politiker, die sich dieser Ängste bedienen.
Wormbo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort