Map game type : DM / TDM
Version : 1.0
Date : 12 / 02 / 10
Players : 2 - 6
Requirements : UT3 + Patch 2.1 + Titan Pack

-------------------------
Author

Author name : Steve Loiselle (Stevelois)
Lauguage : French
Homepage: http://stevelois.wordpress.com

Story / Histoire

Long ago, the inhabitants mysteriously disappeared ? The subsequent population reconstruct through the remaining architectures. However, this population also disappeared leaving no clue, no message, no trace ? Nobody has any answer, it suggests that all these people were kidnapped by a unknown higher power, Aliens perhaps ? Welcome to Aly ...

Il y a très longtemps, les habitants sont mystérieusement disparus ? La population subséquente a reconstruit au travers des architectures en place. Néanmoins, cette population à elle aussi disparue ne laissant aucun indice, aucun message, aucune trace ? Personne n'a de réponse, c'est à croire que toutes ces personnes ont été enlevées pas une force supérieure inconnue, par des Aliens peut-être ? Bienvenue à Aly...

Installation

PC

Extract the archive into :

"My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory.

If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

DM-Aly-NE.ini
DM-Aly-NE.txt
DM-Aly-NE.ut3
DM-Aly-NE_LOC_int.upk

Author note

This 'Night Edition' have the same gameplay as the day edition. I change / replace things from the day edition to create a completely different atmosphere.

Take note that this 'NE' is visuals oriented & include a lot's of emitters (fire, smoke, night flies) & also use dynamic lighting for the main part. Those pretty visuals are very hungry on hardware resources. I did what I can to optimize the map but still you must have a powerful GPU to truly appreciate the atmosphere & visuals.

Now that your advise, don't complaint if your experimenting low FPS on your PC. Instead, if your experimenting to low FPS (like 30 or less), by the time of this writing, I also making the 'NE FPS' edition which is gameplay oriented. You can find all info on my homepage.

Dev. section

Final 1.0

. Replace the Udamage by the Bezerk
. Replace all ambient sounds except the water sounds (but I still tweak them all) & also add much more sounds all around the map
. Remove all lanterns & replace them with torches / torches holders

. Redone all the lighting from scratch & about the torches, take note that :
.. All torches as there own scaling. I'm also using various fire emitters for various purpose
.. The majority of torches as there own sound source depending of the surrounding. I'm using 3 different fire sound & all torches with a sound use different sound settings
.. All torches as there own light that flicker. I'm using 6 matinee group to avoid noticeable repetitive flickering while watching the scene
.. All torches will inflict damage if your to close to bring a bit more danger to the map. The torches are placed above the player so they're not in your way. Still, fire will inflict 5, 10 & 20 points of damage depending on the flame scaling, so beware don't get to close Only exception is the 2 flames near the sniper

. Redone all postprocessing effects inside & outside the play area. Now, if you go outside the play area, it become dark blue
. Redone all heightfog related effects for water & the scene
. Redone sky dome material
. Redone water material
. Redone preview screen
. Add custom barrels & made visuals changes
. Add blocking volume near the Sniper, the Stinger, the Shock & the lift near the helmet to enhance flow
. Remove the glass on the floor in the RL building so you can shoot trough
. Open up the small wall near the Bio to enhance gameplay
. Replace stock jumpad (the default one as a default ambient sound) with the 'mute' one (no default ambient sound)
. Tweak the grass brightness
. Replace my custom music by a stock one
. Rotate all ammo to 45 degrees
. Change the story slightly

Special thx, credits

- All who as provide me great feedback, ideas, suggestions & support. Those dudes are 1xTrEmE, Bl!tz, Odedge & rathalos150
- Apophis3d for the wood material coming from his custom materials pack
- Sebastien Nova for the jumpad without sound
- ShadeMistress for her barrels coming from her tropical static mesh pack
- 3D Buzz, DGUnreal, Hourences, Passion3D, UDN, Waylon Brinck for sharing your knowledge
- Epic for the editor & assets

My PC specs

OCZ 600 Watt
Asus P5N-D (NF750i)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0 GHz/1333/6M)
4 GB OCZ Reaper (DDR2 800 Mhz CAS 3.4.4.15)
Saphire Radeon HD4870 1 GB with Catalyst 9.10
Segeate 500 GB 32 MB
WinXP SP3 with all latest updates

PS: I'm getting a minimum of 45 FPS playing against 3 bots with my rig in 1680x1050 everything set to max.

Custom content

Some materials.

Final maps for UT3 (newer to older)

DM-Aly Night Edition
DM-Aly
DM-Nano
DM-Station 12

More work in progress maps on my homepage.

Legal stuff

Unreal® Tournament 3 ©2007 Epic Games, Inc. Unreal is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

I have spent a lot of time developing my map, so please ask me permission before doing anything with my map or using any of my custom brushes, music, scripts, sounds, staticmeshes, textures, or other custom objects such as emitter and particle settings from my map in your own works and WAIT for a yes/no. It is customary in the mapping community to give credit to the source of any custom resources that you use, so including me in the map's readme credits for any of my resources used is appreciated.

My map is for personal use only, you may not sell, lease or rent my map, including bundling them with other maps in files or on disk or CD-ROM without permission; you may not place any of these files for download on any other web site without permission; you may not create derivative works based on that map without permission; you may not use or modify any custom meshes, music, scripts, sounds, textures included with the maps or any of the other included files for your own works without permission; you must include all files in the original package whenever you distribute the file; you may not remove or modify any copyright information in any of the files.
Schotti ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 19.02.2010, 19:24   #2
Schotti
Erfahrener Benutzer

Beigetretene Cups: 0
Cup Siege: 0
Downloads: 781
Uploads: 271
Standard

DM-Aly Night Edition 1.1 has been updated!
Schotti ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort